Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Meet The Wiermans

Oh no... i forgot to call mom tonight. I promised to call home last night. But since i forgot, i planned to do it tonight. Hell, i forgot again. Maybe my age has been eating my memory bit by bit, or maybe i've used up all of my memory in my brain... sigh.
Anyway, it's to late now, and American Idol is on. My mom is probably asleep.

But i miss her, i miss my pap, my sisters, and my brothers.
I miss home.

Just before i came back to Singapore, we -my whole family- had the opportunity to take a family picture. It was around the Idul Adha holiday. This time we really meant it. My mom had been asking me to arrange the time when every family member have a free time to go to the photo studio. It was hard to arrange something like that. First of all, one of my sister is living so far out of the province since she got this good job at Batam, so we had to wait until she was on vacation in Bandung. Secondly, our schedule, of course. Every person has his/her own schedule. Even when I tried to reserve their time, it turned out that 'family picture' was not really as important as their other schedules. Someone eventually just can't make it.

I had to change strategy.
This time no early plan for going to the photo studio. One morning, i think it was Friday, i just told them that we're going to take family picture tomorrow, on saturday night. So i wanted everybody to be prepared and be in the photo studio by 7pm. I didn't even ask whether they can make it or not. I just assumed that everybody was free on saturday night, and even if they weren't i would just tell them to cancel whatever their schedule was for the night.

It worked.

And so, we finally had our very own family picture, a complete formation.



Let me tell you a little bit about them.

My mom, is a super mom. She's a very good cook... well, every mother is the best cook to their children. But, really, my mom really can cook, very well indeed. Everyone who ever tried her cook will acknowledge it. One more thing, she's a good saleswoman, or should i say she's a good marketer...? You can give her anything and she can turn it to money. Maybe it's her talent, it's in her blood. People say Padang-ians are the best seller.

My pap, is the most patient person i've ever known. Too patient sometimes it irritates my mom... haha. He's very kind, a little too kind sometimes. He took an early retirement from the company he used to work for, and he's running his own business right now. To me, he's the best father a child could ever hoped for.

My first sister, is the most calm among us, the children. She doesn't talk much. She has this 'nrimo' kind of attitude, which made my father worried for her so much when she went to Batam for the first time. He worried that people would take advantage of her. But she proves everybody wrong. Although she doesn't talk much, she thinks everything thoroughly. I learned that she's actually the most mature among us.

My second sister, is... what can i say... i usually miss her the most. She's very talkative and she brings joy to everyone around her. She's the family clown, i may say... in a good meaning. Whenever i feel sad about something, i will just call her and she can definitely make my day. Even her sms can make me laugh and forget whatever is burdening my mind. Since i'm away from home, and my first sister also works far away from home, she has become the first child of the family. She takes care lots of things at home. She's very reliable.

My brother, is a naruto freak. Well, he follows after his two sisters about this. He collects naruto character-keychains and he really wants to have every single character that is in the anime. He used to be very chubby. But now his a very tall handsome young man, not chubby anymore. Until around his secondary school years, i used to ask for a kiss on the cheek from him. And he would voluntarily give me one. But after that, i stopped asking for it...^_^ I love him so much.

That's a glimpse about my family.
I miss them so much.

Well, the american idol is finished now. MR is already asleep. I have to go to bed too before he pops his head out of the bedroom with a frown on his face telling me to go to sleep, right away.

1 comments:

-Fitri Mohan- said...

foto keluarganya sejuk banget din. yap, orang2 padang memang tangannya kayak raja midas. hehehe.