Sunday, May 14, 2006

Haircut

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingA haircut for men in Singapore costs at least about S$8. My husband usually has his hair cut once in a month, which means s$8/month, while we knew that the price of a hairclipper was ranging from around S$15 up to S$200. So in order to save up, he decided to buy a hairclipper (a haircutting set for men) and told me to learn to use it on his hair. Well, for me who has no experience at all in cutting anyone's hair, i thougt it shouldn't be too difficult, I should be able to do it. Moreover ,he also encouraged me by saying that if anything goes wrong with his hair, i just need to cut it all off... :p

So we did. On the first month i moved to Singapore, we bought the S$20 hairclipper, and i always cut his hair since then. He never goes to the barber again except when we were in Indonesia for holiday. Everything was always alright, his hair always looks fine. At least that's what i think, and I hope everybody else think the same as me.

Yesterday, i made a stupid mistake while cutting his hair. As usual, first i trimmed it short before using the hairclipper. By changing the adjustable blade setting i can control the length of the hair. But at some point, i forgot to use the blade setting, so the hairclipper went without any blade setting. And that means i applied the setting for the shortest hair length. Arrghh... i almost made my husband bald, ...literally. But, thank God, i immediately realized it before i cut to much hair. So i trimmed it again. And now, my husband has his shortest haircut ever.

1 comments:

cimod said...

very.....funny..

anyway, nothing's cheap in Singapore :)
yeah, buat we've got to used to it..