Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Maybe that's why...

Global financial crisis...

No, i'm not trying to get serious here and talk about why or how it is happening. I don't consider myself knowledgeable for that. I'll talk about something else.

Here in Singapore, the news has been about how the government expect companies to do retrenchment, if they have to, as the last resort. Cutting down some costs is preferred than retrenchment. To my understanding, it can also mean lowering salary for their employees.

Then, I ask myself these questions:
How would I react if I got my salary cut off?
How would I react if I got retrenched?
How would I react if my husband also got retrenched?

Things are different when you are working in your own country. But, if you are a foreigner, and become jobless because of retrenchment... things can get scary.

It is a good thing that we are not working in an industry. Then we don't need to worry so much about retrenchment, remembering the fact that my husband and I are both foreigner here in Singapore.

Maybe that's why...

So many people out there are having a hard life even long before the global crisis. And things must have gotten worse now for them. I'm just really grateful that my husband and I still have my job without any cut off in our salary, we can still pay our bills or even go shopping to any sale in town, and everything.

I have to be grateful with what I have. So, to show my gratitude, now i have to go back to work ... :D

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"go shopping to any sale in town"...teuteup...sale freak!!!