Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sometimes I miss all the times I had when I was not working

I salute all of you out there who are a working mom.

I'm not a working mom, at least not yet. I'm working, married, but no children yet. Even now I found it is not easy keeping up with house chores while I'm working full time 6 days a week. I can't imagine what to do when I finally have a baby... *hopefully soon, though*

Sometimes I miss all the times I had when I was not working. I can do whatever I want, I can have 'me' time, I can go here and there whenever I want. I can do the house chores without having to rush it just because there won't enough time to do all of it. Beside I have the whole week. I can choose to do my laundry today, and do the ironing tomorrow or the day after, or the day after. I can do the clean up and mopping today or tomorrow, or two days later. I can plan to cook this or that at a second and then shopping for the ingredients the next second, and even cook it right away the next second. I have all the freedom of when to do what. *At this point, I think I love doing house chores*

But not now. I practically only have Saturday and Sunday to do house chores like sweeping and mopping the floor, ironing, grocery shopping, etc. I have to sneak in the rest of the chores into my daily schedule. Every two or three days I have to do the laundry, which I usually do at night, or at dawn right after my morning pray. Bye-bye to hanging all my laundry under the bright sunshine which i love so much. I don't do the ironing regularly anymore. I just do it whenever i want to, or whenever the clothes are piled up too high my laundry basket can no longer hold them in it (that equals to 2 weeks without ironing). Sweeping and mopping the floors is out of question to be done at night after work. Too tired for that, or maybe just too lazy to do that.
I don't cook anything too complicated anymore. Every cook is just a simple, a quick-and-easy-to-prepare one. Instant spaghetti, instant cream of chicken soup, instant pizza, sausage, and of course instant noodles are the must-always-available items. Sometimes I feel guilty to MR about this.. :P

So.. how do I cope with all that?

Well, on Saturday/Sunday I cook A LOT!
I prepare half-done cooked chicken, keep it in the fridge, ready to be fried any time. The good thing is, the chicken can last verrryyy long time in the fridge, up to one month. I have never tried if it more than a month.
I prepare beef stock, lots of it, put it in several plastic bags, freeze them. Then I can just take out one bag whenever I want to make a soup.
I buy lots of fish, season them, and freeze them. After thawing, they're ready to be fried or grilled.

That is how i deal with cooking problems.

But there's another problem.
Most weekend is well spent outside the house! After a week of not going anywhere except to work, we just crave for some fun: shopping, photo hunting, gathering with friends, etc etc etc. This means, weekend is as unreliable as weekdays for me to do house chores. Doh!

Oh, well... I got dizzy just to think of what to do about it. So, I just let it be... :D. I'll do whatever i need to do, whenever i need to do it.


Note to myself:
Need to buy a vacuum cleaner to solve the tiring task of sweeping the floor and cleaning up furniture of a week (sometimes even two) long dust accumulation.

0 comments: