Thursday, August 17, 2006

[no title]

Actually i wanted to make this blog to be written in english. But, geez, i find it soooo hard to write recipes in english. First of all, i'm not familiar with the terms used in cooking stuff. I have to read a lot of recipe in english to be able to do this. *sigh*

There is a project that has been put on hold... to create my own spices glossary, complete with their pictures. As i am indonesian, i only know a name of a spice in Indonesian. Sometimes i dont know what to call a certain spice in English. So when i go to the grocery store, i'm counting on the picture on the package. And from there i learn the spice's name in English. I can go to the wet market and just ask for the spice i need to the seller. There are lots of seller in the wet market who understand Malay. That's the case if the indonesian word for the spices is the same as the Malay word. But, if it's not... heehee... i will just take my time and scan the whole stall looking for the thing i want.
Well, the glossary i want to create is not only for spices, but also for fish names, and beef meat part.

Hopefully i can finish this project before my sister get married. So when she ask me about any of this thing, i will just refer her to this blog. *lazy me... :P *

0 comments: