Thursday, February 23, 2006

"Be a housewife", i said

The most often question that I've been asked since I got married;
"What do you do everyday?"
And I reply;
"Be a housewife"

Image hosting by PhotobucketReally. That's my honest answer. I don't work in an office or something like that (not yet, but hopefully soon), and I don't go out much (but that doesn't mean I'm a lonely-introvert person). So, what do I do everyday in most of my time?
These are the things that I do:

  1. Prepare breakfast, and all the things my husband need before he goes to work.
  2. Cook. Yes, i cook. I prepare meal for lunch and then pack them in food container for my husband and myself. Everyday, i go to see him at lunch time, bring the meal from home, and then we have lunch together. It's one way to save up money. And don't worry, the bus from my house to his lab is free of charge because it's an inside campus shuttle bus service.
  3. Post lunch-time is pretty much my own time. I can do whatever I want (blogging, chatting, watching TV, browsing internet, etc) until right about before the dinner time, when I have to prepare dinner, of course. I also do some household work in this time, like doing the laundry, cleaning the house, or ironing. Other than that, I work on my so-called part time job which has its deadline every the end of a month.
  4. And, no, i don't take nap.
So far, I enjoyed it. But maybe my answer sounds too pathetic to some people so they throw the next question (along with a face full of regret);
"Why don't you try and look for a job?"
And so I reply;
"Yeah, I do that too." *wink*

Maybe, the idea of just being a stay home wife who has no children yet is unacceptable to some. But to me, there's nothing wrong with that, at all. And in the mean time, I've been doing some job hunting, sending job application here and there. So, wish me luck, friends.

0 comments: